New blogs

Leherensuge was replaced in October 2010 by two new blogs: For what they were... we are and For what we are... they will be. Check them out.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Manjusri on Indian Caste genetics


Manjunat blogs today on Absurdities of Caste Genetics in India, questioning the validity of many assumptions and arbitrary distributions that have been done in genetic studies that have emphasized without due knowledge the importance of castes in Indian society. Interesting: some authors simply don't seem to have a clue on whatever they are talking about, creating outmost confussion.

3 comments:

Manju Edangam said...

Thank you very much for linking. By the way, Manjusri is an exclusive female name in India now :-).

Maju said...

Thanks for nothing: if I'm going to comment on your posts, the least I can do is to link to them, right?

I like to blog on genetics as much as I think there's something worth attention, and certainly your criticism is something I consider worth mentioning. If I just had enough readers so it'd make a difference!

Re. Manjusri: I'm almost absolutely ignorant on Indian names. Your blog is titled "Realm of Majnusri" but you sign (just noticed) as Manjunat (and earlier as just Manju). Guess I'll change it for Manjunat - but shouldnt you as well change your blog's name (again, nobody would notice) if you prefer it that way?

Manju Edangam said...

Well,Manjusri is one of the male Bodhisattvas. However, the tone of the name is such that people prefer it for females.